It was a victory night

8. Mai 2022

It was a victory night.

Sleepless stars.

Fairytales and flushes on her face,

Her face,

The jolly seen relentless beautiful lines of her face

By the bonfire.

I love the hows of her speech

And the depth of her because.


I see her standing at the edge of the fire

Coals at her feet.

No step back, wish she could see the firelit humble freedom lines of her face,

Wish she would listen when I say

Don’t burn yourself, darling,

I know who you are,

I know you’re fighting the scars,

The sleepless scars.


I see her standing at the edge of self-battle,

Breathing smoke into the soft courageous rainy lines of her face.

Hope the rain is enough to hold off the flames.

She’ll burn me if she burns.

If only she could see the contradictory fearful gorgeous lines of her face

But her mirror hangs in the scary parts of her mind and

They took a permanent marker to write mean comments on the glass

Like sleepless scars.